This 48 page workbook is full of carefully selected activities designed to help children revise and consolidate their knowledge of the letters and sounds of the alphabet. There are fun graphics and uncluttered pages, taking the beginner reader from single sounds through to 3 or 4 letter phonetically spelled words, and then simple sentences.
The workbook includes:
- Rhyming words
- Beginning, middle and final sounds
- Matching sounds/words to pictures
- Adding letters to form or change words
- Exercises to increase comprehension and vocabulary
- Exercises to identify the shapes and patterns made by letters and words
This Workbook uses Foundation Handwriting, as used in NSW and ACT schools. It is also available with Modern Cursive Handwriting, as used in VIC, WA and NT schools (listed separately). For other states you may need to check with your child’s teacher to determine which workbook is most suitable.
For teachers, you can also purchase a blackline master for non-commercial educational photocopying, or purchase sets of 20 workbooks at a substantial discount. These are only available on order – please contact Learn Heaps for details.